I have no pictures from today's events. I'm just thankful that we didn't have any broken bones or hospital visits.
The boys and I hung out at home all morning and then met some friends at the rec center for open gym only to find out that open gym was cancelled for spring break. Of course. Because if all the kids are out of school they shouldn't be able to have anything fun to do.
So we headed to our elementary school to let the kids play on the playground. We were only there for about an hour, but in that time Graham fell off the steps onto his head and then got his finger stuck in the sliding door on our mini-van. Poor guy. He was in a lot of pain and not a happy guy.
Ben and Graham took afternooon naps and then we headed to the pool again for some family swim time. The boys had a blast and Graham actually let me hold him about an inch from my body. Progress.
Michael and I tried to get the boys out of the pool, but they were not happy to get out. They were playing in the shallow end and Ben wanted his bubble (a little floaty on his back) taken off. Thinking they were about to get out, Michael took it off. Ben, however, did not listen to our 10 attemps to get him out and while we were getting Graham dressed he started to float out farther into the pool. We told him to go back the other way, but it didn't take long to realize he could no longer touch and couldn't hold his head up. Michael, already dressed, jumped into the pool and rescued our little guy. Ben was very shaken up but was proud when he told me at bedtime tonight that "Daddy saved me!" I always wondered if my laid-back, easy going husband would be able to act quickly in an emergency, but after tonight I no longer wonder.
Praise the Lord that none of the incidents today were more serious! I'm hoping Day 5 of Spring Break is just filled with FUN!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Spring Break Day 4
Posted by Sarah at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am really impressed with all of your activities. it is exhausting me reading all of it, but it sounds like fun. what a great mother to do all these fun things with your boys.
Sarah,
How funny that you, a mother of FIVE boys is saying that our activities sound exhausting. Girl, I don't know how you do it!! I know you are such a fun mom and teacher!
Post a Comment