Our adventure today was a trip to the zoo. We have lived here 3 1/2 years and have yet to go to the zoo. We have been to other zoos during that time, but not our zoo. So we took the plunge today and went. Michael took off most of the day and went with us.
Today was another gorgeous day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The kids had a lot of fun and were completely worn out by the end of the day. Driving home I could hardly remember any of the animals we saw - all I could remember was the walking. Wow, the Kansas City zoo is spread out! While I was tucking Ben in tonight he told me about all the animals he saw. I kept saying, "oh, yah. I forgot about that!". He remembered all of them! Maybe that's because he got to ride in the stroller most of the time while I pushed him around.
I wasn't quite as camera-happy today, but here are some pics of our zoo day...
The camera was accidentaly set to black and white and it took us a while before we realized it, but here are the boys and I. Notice Levi with his arm around Ben. Don't think this is something that happens often. I have no clue what prompted that but I'm sure there was hitting or screaming soon after...
Ben looking at an exhibit...
Levi posing for the camera...
All the boys taking a break in front of the kangaroos...(Levi really wanted to see the kangaroos, but he was disappointed when none of them were carrying their baby in their pouch.)
Ben was a bit scared of these sheep. One of them tried to lick him, and this was his reaction. Michael thought it was hilarious, but Ben wasn't laughing...
Eating lunch...
Playing on the playground...
Graham loved the animals and especially enjoyed "talking" to them...
Who is this big kid walking around with no concern for where his parents are?...
Getting a ride from Daddy...
Life is tough...
Not sure how this one got in the stroller...
And I'm really uncertain about how all 3 got in the stroller (and there's Levi with his arms around Ben again. Wow, I'm really seeing a new side of my children through these pictures!)...
Ben really liked the crocodiles. i wasn't sure we would ever get him to leave...
I could eat him up...
Levi insisted that he was taller than the giraffes...
So I guess maybe I was camera-happy today. I planned to post just a few, but I couldn't stop. Sorry.
Ben and Graham got to take a short afternoon nap before we headed off to a first birthday party/St. Patrick's Day party where the boys dined on a nutricious dinner of cupcakes and sprite. And then they proceeded to be on their best behavior and wrestle right there in the backyard. I was so proud.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
I promise tomorrow won't involve so many pictures.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Spring Break Day 2
Posted by Sarah at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment