CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Why I have to watch my words very carefully!

Levi is a little sponge. I guess all kids are, but it has really been amazing to listen to the things this 4-year-old is picking up lately. Sometimes I can clearly hear myself or Michael in his words but sometimes we are both left to say, "Where did he learn that?"

Like the other day when we were trying to rush out for school and I sent Levi to the bathroom before we left. I heard him talking to Ben who was in the playroom so I just assumed he had made a detour. I hollered down the hall and said, "Levi, go potty!" And he responded with, "Mommy, I am going potty. Chill out!" Lovely.

And then there's the new little phrase he says all the time..."Oh my word", always done while shaking his head and giggling just a little bit with a smirk on his face. I never have to wonder where he got that one.

But the funniest one came today while Levi and Ben were playing together in the playroom. I was in the hallway and could hear Levi trying to reason with Ben about something. I was half-listening but then heard Levi say, "Oh, Ben. You wear me out!" I probably don't have to wonder where he got that one either.

I'll post more soon on Graham's 1st birthday celebration!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear Levi--thanks for the laughter as I read his comments! I miss him & you all! XO