CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

We threw a ball party for Ben!


We celebrated Ben's 2nd birthday on Sunday night with a ball party. Ben absolutely loves playing with balls so it was the perfect party for him. We were able to celebrate with family and some dear friends. I made my first homemade decorative cake, and let's just say that icing and I are not on good terms right now. This ball cake may not look very difficult, but do not let its looks deceive you. I don't think making cakes is a talent of mine. Actually, although it was a bit harder than I thought it would be, I had a lot of fun making it for him.
We had a dinner of round foods - pizza (Ben's very favorite), salad (not really round but served in a round bowl), and fruit cut up into balls. Of course, our dessert was the ball cake and cupcakes.
Ben didn't know what to think about everyone singing Happy Birthday to him. He actually said "no" a few times. He wasn't sure about all the attention.
He had a lot of fun opening up the presents and had lots of help, especially from his big brother who had to keep being reminded that they were Ben's presents.
We set up the bounce house in the backyard and filled up a swimming pool with 500 little balls. It didn't take long, however, before the pool was turned upside down and got a hole. There were also lots of big balls in the yard for the kids to play with and take home as favors. It was a gorgeous night out, and I think the kids all "had a ball". It was so great to watch Ben play with his beloved cousins and a couple of good little friends. He had a big smile on his face all evening!






It was a wonderful night to celebrate our sweet little Ben. I could just eat this guy up. What a joy he is to his daddy and I. We couldn't be prouder of him, and we couldn't possibly have more fun with him.

3 comments:

TJ Wilson said...

um, wow - the cake looks very difficult. amazing! love the photos, Sarah, esp of you both in the pool.

amalia said...

Sarah-
AWESOME!

The cake looks awesome! I enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the darling pictures. You have such a sweet family and a good heart!

Anonymous said...

Such joyful fun for Ben! Loved the pics of you all! Great ball cake! xoxoxoxoxo