CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back to reality

"Levi, what would you like for breakfast?" I asked this morning.

"Ummm, how about some pudding? That's a good idea. And I don't want milk or water, just sprite," Levi replied.

At that moment I realized that today was going to be a recovery day. Recovery from a very full and fun weekend. Maybe a little too much fun. It was a weekend filled with lots of laughter, lots of playing, very late bedtimes, no structure and lots of chips and juice boxes. It was fun while it lasted, but now my boys are tired and spoiled.

My oldest sister, her husband and their 3 kids came in town for the long weekend for my niece's soccer tournament. My brother was also here from Colorado Springs. The whole family got together all weekend, and the 10 cousins had such a great time together. We went to lots of soccer games and congregated at our house for cookouts, pizza, long walks and backyard fun.

I'm so thankful that my kids have family who loves them so much. It makes me smile to watch them running around with their cousins. My oldest sister's kids are 17, 15 and 13 years old, and I couldn't ask for better role models for my boys. They are fun, engaging, well-rounded and best of all, they love Jesus. My 17-year old nephew is such a sweet guy. Levi and my other sister's 2 boys look up to him, and I'm so glad! He is just the greatest kid. He told us over the weekend that he isn't interested in dating - he would rather be fishing! What a guy. And my nieces entertain all their younger cousins and take such great care of them. We would have some fabulous babysitters if only they lived closer! My other sister's 4 children are my boy's very best friends. I'm so thankful for that!

Our family hadn't all been together in a while, so it was such an encouraging weekend. I often think it would be so wonderful if we all lived closer, but maybe weekends like this wouldn't be quite as special.

I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few...






So today we are doing laundry, cleaning the house, sleeping! and getting ready for Levi's surgery tomorrow to remove his tonsils and adenoids. Yikes! Please say a prayer for him.

0 comments: