Today is Ben's 2nd birthday. How did this little guy get to be 2 years old? I have been very sensitive to the fact that becoming a big brother at only 16 months could take away from his babyhood, so I have tried to make sure that he is allowed to be little! But he's growing up before my eyes. I couldn't love and enjoy this little guy more. He is such a delight!
In honor of Ben's birthday on May 20th, here are 20 things that I love about my little Benjamin. (Yes, I know that I wrote 27 things for Levi's birthday, but his birthday was on the 27th of April. Plus, I've had 2 more years with Levi. I thought I should make that disclaimer so that nobody thinks I play favorites!)
1. You know how to make someone feel loved. Whether I've been gone for a few hours or just went upstairs for a minute, you always run to me with the biggest smile on your face and give me a hug that makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world.
2. Every night at dinner we ask each other what our favorite thing of the day was, and every night you answer with a grin, "Thomas". Without fail. Every night. And without fail it makes us all laugh.
3. You absolutely love your big brother Levi. You imitate him and play just like he does. You don't know what to do with yourself when Levi is at preschool. He is your hero, and you do everything you can to keep up with him.
4. You are a sweet and gentle "big" brother. While I was so nervous that you would be jealous of Graham, you have never shown a single sign of that. You love your baby brother "Gam" and take delight in him. It's just precious when I catch you singing to him and sharing your toys with him.
5. I love the way you smile with your entire body. Your little nose scruntches up, your eyes sparkle, and you often put your hands together in a bashful way.
6. When you are watching television or playing with something intently, it's absolutely impossible to get your attention. You have selective hearing down pat.
7. You are a chatterbox, constantly walking around the house jabbering about something. You talked in complete paragraphs long before we were able to understand a single word.
8. Trains and cars are your very favorite. You know the name of every single one and could play with them all day long. When you were just learning to talk, you said "lightning" and "thomas" much more than "mama". I love the way you get down and watch their wheels turn when you play with them.
9. You love to sing. You are often singing a Thomas song while playing trains, and you belt out praise songs from your car seat. It cracks me up how you accentuate some words much more than others.
10. You are an independent little guy and often want to do things all by yourself. You don't want us to help you into your car seat or help you with your food. After church last week there was a long line behind you going up the stairs because you insisted on climbing up the long flight all by yourself.
11. You are all boy - loud, rough and crazy! Case in point...tonight at dinner you crumbled up your chocolate cupcake, made it into dirt and then crashed your cars into it.
12. Not just any sippy cup will do for you. You are very particular about which one you want at any particular moment. It drives me crazy and makes me laugh at the same time!
13. You have a wonderful imagination and can entertain yourself so easily. You are known to go into the playroom and shut the door so that nobody bothers you.
14. You love to be outside doing just about anything. Playgrounds, however, are your favorite place in the world.
15. I think just about everyone who knows you would agree that you have the most expressive face. You can furrow your brow better than anyone I know.
16. You are such a tough little guy. When you fall down and get hurt, you just get right back up and keep going. Nothing keeps you down for long.
17. Your froggy is deeply loved by you. And when you have him in your hands, your thumb goes straight to your mouth. It's just precious.
18. You love to hold my hand. It's so sweet. Whether we're on a walk or just walking into the store, you ask to hold my hand and will not let go! I know this won't last long so I'm treasuring every moment of it.
19. Putting you to bed at night is a highlight of my day. We cuddle as I read a book to you, although you try really hard to read lots of books and each of them several times. When we get to the end of a book, you just push the pages back to the beginning and say, "again". I love to sing our song and pray with you. And then I lay you in your crib and you give me the biggest smile and say, "Bye, Mommy!" It doesn't get much better than that.
20. You remind me so much of your Daddy, which of course I love because your Daddy is pretty special. You have his easy-going, laid-back personality that everyone loves and wants to be around. There is no one I would rather you be like than your Daddy.
Happy Birthday, Ben. I love you!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Happy Birthday Benjamin Elliott!
Posted by Sarah at 3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yes, you are so loved little Ben!! by me too! xo
Post a Comment