
Today is Levi's 4th Birthday. It seems like it was just yesterday that he came into our world, but when I think of all that has happened and how much we have all changed, it seems like he's been with us forever. I'm one of those moms who gets all sentimental and teary eyed at my kids' birthdays. I don't know why because I really don't want them to stay little forever. It's so much fun to watch them grow and change and to be a part of what God is doing in their lives. I just don't want it all to happen so fast. I don't want to miss a thing!
We are having such a fun weekend. With a party yesterday and a family celebration today, Levi is beaming! Levi insisted on a Gordon birthday party...that was definitely a stretch for my creative skills! For those of you who don't know who Gordon is (probably most of you), he is the express engine from Thomas. I will post pictures soon from all the festivities.
Levi, in honor of your birthday on April 27th, here are 27 things that I love about you -
1. Your smile can light up a room, and it daily melts my heart. There's just something about it.
2. I absolutely love your passion. It can be frustrating at times, but I love it all the same. What you care about, you care about deeply, but if you aren't interested in something, good luck pushing you into it. (ie, swim lessons!)
3. With your imagination, you can become just about anything or anyone. I love listening to you play and act out scenes from movies. I love watching you create things.
4. You don't just watch television and movies, you interact with them. It's actually fun to watch you watch t.v.
5. We can count on you to remember just about everything. Your memory amazes us! You hear a song once and know every word. You remember events from a year ago and who was there. You obviously did not inherit this from your daddy who can't remember what we did yesterday.
6. You love people! You know everyone's name, and you care about others deeply. You can make friends with just about anyone.
7. You love to sing and it's just precious to watch. There is nothing better than watching you belt out praise songs in the back of the minivan.
8. A drive to the grocery store becomes an adventure with you in the car. "Faster, Mommy. The truck is getting closer." The other day we were getting on the highway and you said, "Oh good, we're getting on the race track!"
9. You don't miss a thing. You are constantly soaking in all that is going on around you. We aren't able to hide much anymore.
10. We never have to wonder what you're thinking or how you're feeling. You express yourself so naturally.
11. Instead of coming into our room when you wake up early in the morning or in the middle of the night, you sit in the hallway outside our door and make little noises and fake coughs. We've told you many times that you can go ahead and come into our room, but you don't seem to listen. It cracks us up!
12. You absolutely love your baby brother Graham. You speak to him in a high pitched voice and love to entertain him. When he cries you are the first to try and console him.
13. I receive several compliments from you daily. "Mommy, I love your necklace," or "I love your pink toes". You always notice when I wear something new or different. The other day I had on a jean jacket that I hadn't worn in a long time and you said, "Mommy, I love your jacket. Where did you get it?" I laughed so hard, but your daddy didn't. I think he rolled his eyes!
14. The entire community and family are covered in prayer each night. When we are anxious to get you to sleep and try to speed up the bedtime process by praying for groups of people instead of individuals, you don't allow it. "No Mommy. I need to pray for ALL my people!"
15. You are Ben's protector. Let's just say that you aren't always the kindest to him, but you do not allow others to be unkind to him. If one of your friends hurts him or takes something from him, you are always there to back him up. It's so fun to watch.
16. I love watching you run. You are "Lightning fast" and run with passion.
17. When you're ready for something, you're ready. We have learned not to push you too much because you operate on your own sweet little time.
18. You are a jumping machine on the trampoline. While you are usually a pretty cautious child, you are a wild man on the trampoline.
19. I feel so loved when I'm greeted by you. Whether it's in the morning when you wake up or when I pick you up from Sunday school or preschool, I receive the warmest hug and brightest smile.
20. You are never afraid to express your love. You tell all of us several times a day that you love us. And when you are upset with us, you aren't afraid to express that either.
21. There's a magical twinkle in your eye. I can't explain it, but those of us who love you understand what I'm talking about.
22. You know what you want and you don't back down. Persistent, determined and strong willed are all accurate descriptions. Those qualities can be difficult to parent, but we can't wait to see what God does with that.
23. You can make such a cool train track. Although it's a fun activity that you and Daddy do together, you don't really need his help anymore, and you definitely don't need mine!
24. Your joy and energy radiate from you and make you a delight to be around. You are so much fun!
25. You are all boy. You love to build things and destroy them. You never sit still!
26. Your daddy loves that you like Tiger Woods. On Sundays when you and Daddy watch golf, you look for the red shirt and exclaim, "There's Tiger!"
27. Levi's teacher wrote in her assessment, "what a friendly little boy with the sweetest heart I've ever seen!" That sums it up pretty well.
We love you, Levi. Happy Birthday!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Happy Birthday buddy!
Posted by Sarah at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Levi is so handsome! It's crazy to think back to when our Marriage Plus group came to visit you at the hospital after Levi was born. How time has flown and scattered us all. I'm so grateful for the time we had together, though. Miss you! -Karen
Beautiful loving to witness and hear---your list made me laugh and cry grateful tears for our precious Levi--he has touched me deeply & I am the luckiest great-aunt ever! Thank you for sharing him with me. God bless you Levi, & your mommy and daddy & brothers, too! xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment