CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

First prayer


Tonight was one of those nights that I don't want to forget.

We had family movie night and after Ben had eaten an entire bag of popcorn by himself, he was wired. Really wired. We sang our bedtime song, I love you Lord, twice in an attempt to calm him down a bit. He was singing at the top of his lungs. I then started to pray when he caught me off guard. He interrupted me to say his very first prayer.

"Thank you for this day," He said. (It obviously wasn't that clear except to his Mommy.) "Thank you for Eeevi, Mama, Daddy, Eeevi, Daddy, Mama, Eeevi, Eeevi..." I interrupted him and added, "and Ben and Graham."

He then repeated me and again said, "Thank you for Eeevi, Daddy, Mama, Graham, (pause) Lightening McQueen, Woody."

Sweet little guy. I finished the prayer and we both said "Amen."

He then looked at me and for the first time said, "I love you, Mama."

Moments like these put it all in perspective.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute. That was so sweet it made me cry. God has blessed you with wonderful children. All my love, Mimi