CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Superheroes

We had such a great Halloween weekend...it could not have been more perfect. We had lots of excitement, perfect weather, and the boys were healthy (even when everyone around us is sick!).

We did 3 pumpkins on Thursday evening, and the boys had a lot of fun. They were very proud of their finished products...
The weekend festivities began with Levi's school Halloween parade and party on Friday. Wow, was it crazy! There are 19 kids in Levi's class, and every single kid had a parent there, plus lots of siblings. Needless to say, the room was very crowded and full of activity. Here's a pic of his sweet class...
Friday night we carved a pumpkin and had my mom over for dinner. We picked up chinese food, and I had my first gluten-free restaurant experience. Our favorite chinese place has a great gluten free menu, and I was more than impressed!

Back to the pumpkin...Levi was very particular about the face - he wanted it to be very scary! I think he's demonstrating here...
Saturday began with Levi's last soccer game. He's so sad for the season to be over. Up next...basketball!
We went straight from soccer to our good friends' house where they had a fun Halloween lunch. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the kids had such a great time rolling in the leaves in their backyard. Our kiddos are deprived by the lack of leaves in our yard, so it was really fun for them.
The host had all kinds of fun Halloween goodies. I'm so thankful that I have creative friends who do things like this!
We headed home for the little ones to take a short nap and then put costumes back on to join up with all the neighbors for a big neighborhood party. Here's Batman and Spiderman...
Superman wasn't very happy about getting woken up from his nap, and he did NOT want to wear his costume. But just like any good mother, I forced him to wear it and then tried to ignore him during the next 30 minutes of grouchiness. He screamed, "NO!", whenever I tried to take a picture of him, but I was able to catch a few, although the shots aren't the best.
There were about 200 people at our neighborhood get-together. It was so much fun to hang out and just let the kids play for a couple of hours before trick-or-treating. They attempted to get all of the kids together for a picture. Wow, that's a lot of kids! Notice Ben on the far right holding some poor kid's pitchfork to go with his or her Devil costume. Ben ran around the neighborhood with that thing for hours! We never did figure out who it belonged to. The boys had so much fun with all of their buddies.
The boys were ready to go trick-or-treating by the end of the party so Michael and another dad took all of the boys while I headed back to hand out candy. I tried to take a picture of the 3 of them before they left, but this was the best I got... Here's Levi with his "scary" pumpkin...I thought Michael would bring back Graham pretty quickly, but he lasted a long time! This was the first year that Levi and Ben were into getting a lot of candy. Last year they were done after about 8 houses, but this year they could have gone for hours. They came back to the house and quickly began inspecting all of their candy. They were more than wired!
Hope you all had a spooky Halloween!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved seeing these photos. What a fun-filled life you all are creating for your boys!
Oh, and I caught a glimpse of the kitchen in one of the photos. Classy and timeless in true Rothwell fashion... good job!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures! The boys are so cute and it looked like you all had a fantastic time. What fun to live in a young neighborhood like that. Let's blog soon.
mimi