CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful thanksgiving day cooking, hanging out with family and eating fabulous food. We spent the day at my sister’s house with most of my family. With 10 kids running around, ages 2-18, it was very loud and crazy but a lot of fun. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day and the kids were able to play outside. I love watching my boys play with their cousins. Levi and Ben had such a great time. Graham, however, has a bit of a cold and was attached to my hip for most of the day. Gotta love him.

I have much to be thankful for today. Here are a few things on the top of my list...

1. A God who loves me, has redeemed me, and is continually drawing me to Himself.

2. My hubby who works hard and loves his family well.

3. The smiles and giggles of my 3 boys. There is nothing better.

4. Levi’s new found confidence. I just love watching him play sports, excel at school, and be a leader among his peers.

5. Ben’s ornery spirit and sense of humor. He keeps me laughing and shaking my head. I just love that kid.

6. Graham's hugs and cuddles. He gives me about 15 hugs whenever I return home from somewhere, even if I just went to the grocery store. He loves his mama, and even though his stubborness drives me CRAZY, I'll cuddle with that sweet boy anytime!

7. My Tuesday night prayer girls. We laugh together, cry together, and most importantly, we pray together. I love living life with these girls. I have prayed for friends like these ever since we moved to Kansas City. It was definitely worth the wait!

8. A church that really is our family. Every time I walk in the doors I feel like I'm right at home, but I never leave unchanged.

9. My pilates pain specialist, David, who has allowed me to feel like a "normal" person for the first time in 10 years.

10. My life. It's hard to believe that our car accident was almost 10 years ago. I will never stop thanking God for sparing my life on that Christmas day and for everything He has taught me on this journey.

11. The chalkboard on my kitchen pantry door. I don't know why, but I just love it.

12. Ghirardelli peppermint bark with dark chocolate. There are a lot of desserts I can't have these days, but it doesn't matter when I can eat these. I’m just being honest.

13. My mom, who I talk to every day and knows something about everything. Well, not everything. She doesn't know a thing about what's on television or the most recent celebrity gossip, but she has great wisdom about everything that actually matters.

14. Three older siblings who have walked before me and help me to keep perspective.

15. A wonderful kindergarten year for Levi. We prayed hard for this decision, and for now, I know we are in a great place.

16. A neighborhood filled with boys!

17. Gluten-free pie crusts. That pumpkin pie was awesome today! It would not have been Thanksgiving without a homemade pumpkin pie.

18. The friendship of each couple in our community group. We are truly blessed by each one of them and love spending our Thursday nights with them.

19. The ministry of Young Life and all that God is teaching us as the committee chairs. Whew, it's been a tough year, but it's been amazing to watch God work.

20. Coffee. Enough said.

21. My hubby who can fall asleep with my lamp on when I'm staying up late reading or writing a post.

I think it's time for bed!

I hope all of you had a happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

TJ Wilson said...

ok wow - 10 years since the accident (!!!) and committee CHAIRS... Sarah! love your commitment to YL, and simply reading your updates. you are a beautiful wife and mommy.