We're on the home stretch of a long car ride from Minnesota to Kansas City and because I need something to occupy my time, I thought I'd let you know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (although I actually feel like I have!) We just spent 2 weeks at the lake, and I'm a bit overwhelmed thinking about all the real world things that are waiting for us at home. I was going through all the lake pictures when I realized that a lot has actually happened since my last post on Belize. The summer is flying by, and our days have been more than full. Here's a bit of what we've been up to.
Right after returning home from Belize we headed to Nebraska to celebrate the high school graduation of our sweet nephew.
His youngest sister was sick in bed at home so this family picture isn't complete. I can hardly believe he's off to college in the fall. I still remember sitting in my 8th grade class and getting a message that he was born. People are always telling me that these years with my boys will go by quickly, and events like this remind me of the short time I have with my little guys in our home.
We got back from Nebraska and immediately jumped into VBS week. I have talked before about how much I love this event each year. I got to be a kindergarten teacher this year and had so much fun, although I think the switch from Belize one week to VBS the next was a bit extreme.
Of course, the summer wouldn't be complete without spending lots of time at the pool and in the backyard with water toys.
And goggles are always a necessity.
We spent most of our Saturdays at Levi's baseball games. Go Mustangs! Levi fell in love with the sport and had so much fun. He's already talking about next year.
Of course, the snacks were always the best part.
I celebrated my 32nd birthday and although this cake looks like we had the entire neighborhood over for the festivities, it was actually just our little family and my mom. Gotta love my sweet hubby (and Costco)! I had a fabulous day!
We're almost home and as soon as I come up from the mounds of laundry I'm about to tackle, I'll be back with a recap from the lake.
Friday, July 17, 2009
A recap
Posted by Sarah at 10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi Sarah!Welcome home! Enjoyed the recap and great pics!Love you all so much!Good luck w/the laundry & hugs to the boys XO
Post a Comment