CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The adventures of Ben

We moved Ben into a bed about a month ago. He climbed in and out of his crib just like it was a bed so we decided we needed to make the move. While the plan is for Ben and Levi to soon share a room, we wanted Ben to get used to sleeping in a bed before we moved him in. My sister was kind to lend us their toddler bed, and Ben was very excited about his "big boy bed." I let him pick out a new sheet and pillowcase (trains, of course), and he is very proud.

The move has not been without adventure. Ben slept from 7:30pm to 7:30am every night since he was 12 weeks old. He has always been the best sleeper. But for some reason he thinks the bed is a great place to play. The silly little guy sits in there for hours and just plays. I walked in there one night, and he had every light in his room on and was just sitting in his bed playing. And a few nights ago I was cleaning up in the kitchen long after putting all the boys to bed, and I heard someone in the playroom. I assumed it was Michael cleaning up in there (what was I thinking?), but when Michael walked in from the garage I got a bit scared. But I soon found out that it was just Ben. He was playing trains like he didn't have a care in the world. This kid cracks me up! And he's really smart, too, because he never does any of this in a defiant way. Somehow he makes disobedience cute.

Last weekend Michael and I turned on a movie right after putting the boys to bed. We had Ben's monitor on and after only hearing Ben for a few minutes, I remember commenting that Ben went to bed really easily. But then later that night after the movie, this is what I found walking up the stairs...
Sweet Ben had come out of his room and fell asleep at the top of the stairs. He actually looked pretty comfortable.
But tonight takes the cake. Long after the boys went to bed I went upstairs and noticed Ben's door was open. I assumed he had just opened his door and was sleeping soundly in his bed so imagine my shock when I discovered that his bed was empty. I quickly looked around his room and into his closet, but he was nowhere. I then went into our room and found this...
He had made himself a little bed on the floor right beside our bed. Again, somehow he makes disobedience cute. He didn't cry. He didn't bother us. He just took action and made a bed for himself where he wanted it.
I laughed, made Michael come and see it, took a picture and then moved him right back into his room.
At least he tried.

4 comments:

Beck said...

I love that he made his own pallet! Precious! Good luck getting him back to his sleeping self.

Anonymous said...

How cute. You got to love him! Mimi

Anonymous said...

Tell Ben that Papa is looking forward to seeing his "big boy bed". Cute pictures.

Aunt Barbi said...

PRECIOUS!!! xo