CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another lake adventure

What a wonderful weekend we had! I know it's already Tuesday night, but I'm just now getting around to the blog. We spent this past weekend with our community group from church at a lakehouse in Nebraska. We had such a great time! I can't even begin to explain how much we treasure this group. Michael and I consider community to be vital to our family's life, but because we have moved so often in our 9 years of marriage, there have definitely been times when we have not had a strong community of friends. This last move (already 2 1/2 years ago!) proved to be the most difficult, and we were beginning to feel like we would never have good friends. But God's timing is always perfect, and He has blessed us beyond belief.

Our group consists of 5 couples with 13 children under the age of 6. Yes, we all stayed in one house, and I think we still like each other. Things were understandably a bit crazy at times, but there was also such a sense of peace. There is just something about spending time with a group of people who love the Lord and want to glorify Him in all they do.

Here are all of the kiddos looking so happy to be getting their picture taken. I actually bribed them with ice cream. Can you believe that there were hardly any squabbles all weekend? Clearly it was a miracle.

All the men...

All the sunbathing beauties...

Hanging out in the lake...




Making s'mores...

Eating some homemade ice cream...

I just couldn't resist adding this one. Isn't he just the cutest little thing?


On the way home Michael and I decided that we weren't exhausted enough so we decided to stop at the Omaha zoo. It is such a great zoo and although it was blazing HOT, we had a great time. Did I mention that it was hot?

Graham was more hot than impressed with the animals

We did lots of walking and the boys got really tired! We had to carry Graham and let Levi sit in the stroller.


After the zoo, we were all thoroughly exhausted and really excited for the 3-hour drive home!

1 comments:

Beth said...

Sarah! I have loved reading your blog over the past months (I am ashamed that this is my first comment to leave) Love your posts and reading about your family and three sweet little ones!

I'm so glad you stopped at the zoo on your way home; I am completely biased towards it after growing up going there and working there for three summers. :-) Whenever we visit these days, I recall bits and pieces of the train speech I used to give (And on your right, you'll see a herd of gaur. Gaur are wild cattle from India and SE Asia. They can be up to six feet tall and weigh up to 3000 pounds. . .)