CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

You know you're tired when...

I ran to the grocery store last night at about 8:30. My goal was to make it home by 9:15. I had a long list of things to get done before bed so I was going to have to be wise with my time.

I raced through the grocery store on a mission, impressed by how quickly I was able to get everything. I stood in line and was a bit excited when there were a few people in front of me. After all, some magazine reading time sounded like a good reward for my fast shopping. My groceries were on the belt and it was time to pay. Problem...I didn't have my wallet.

Who goes to the grocery store without their wallet? My cell phone, keys and makeup were all in my purse but no money. The man asked if I had my checkbook. Are you kidding me? If I didn't have my wallet I certainly didn't have a checkbook. I don't think I've seen that in weeks.

The kind man scanned my groceries and told me they'd be waiting at customer service. I sped home, realizing that I was not going to make my 9:15 goal. My sweet hubby met me in the garage with my wallet, and I went back to the store.

The man at customer service was laughing at me. He took my credit card, processed the payment, and then I started to walk away without my credit card.

"Ma'am, don't forget your credit card," He said with a smirk on his face.

We both laughed and I made some clever comment about the day needing to end.

He asked if I needed help out with my groceries. I told him thank you but I could get them. He then walked out from behind the counter, took my cart and said, "Here, why don't you drive to the pick up door. It's probably safer."

I've never thought of myself as an airhead but last night's episode could definitely be evidence of a mind drifting away...

3 comments:

mindyvaughn said...

that's me on a regular basis...glad to hear i'm not the only one!

Sarah said...

to mindy,
i think you know you aren't the only one. do you remember bailing me out at costco because i couldn't get my checkcard to work?

on another subject, do you have some secret blog you aren't telling us about?

TJ Wilson said...

oh Sarah, I too have had that moment in the not-too-distant past.
Such is motherhood, because you're about the furthest thing from ditzy!

btw - love the blue flower! your site looks fantastic.