So I guess I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the blog so far this year. My "to do" list includes several posts that never got written. Oh well. We did succeed, however, at embracing the month of January. Although it was freezing cold outside with lots of snow and very little school, we really had a lot of fun. We spent a lot of time in the snow (once it reached about 15 degrees)...
And we spent A LOT of time bundled up in the house just enjoying each other's company.
And being very silly.
We had to get pretty creative to pass the days.
It warmed up a bit and we finally had to enter the real world. Back to school, Bible study, MOPS, playdates, doctor appointments, errands, projects, etc. I do not consider myself a homebody. In fact, there was a time not so long ago that I hated to be home all day. I don't know what's changed - maybe it's just that my boys are older and can hold a conversation - but I love being at HOME with my family. Or maybe it's the daily reminder of the suffering in Haiti that makes me want to hunker down and love my family. While I can't get on a plane to Haiti and help those who are suffering, I know I can love the ones God has put in my own home.
That's a good place to start, don't you think?! It's also a pretty good cure for the winter blues.
Monday, February 1, 2010
The Winter Blues
Posted by Sarah at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes, well put, Sarah! And the pics are such a precious refection of your loving! Miss and love you all XOXOXOXOXO
I just love looking at your blog, b/c it reminds me so much of my reality, and I am so glad to have some company in my little world :)
Post a Comment