I'm not sure what was going on with the boys tonight, but their behavior was not normal. It was anything but normal. I was a bit frightened as I heard conversations like this going on as I was getting dinner on the table...
"Ben, can I have that (pointing to a toy in Ben's hand) please?"
"Sure," Ben replied as he handed the toy to Levi.
"Thanks, Ben," said Levi.
"You're welcome."
"Ben come over here and sleep with me." (They were pretending to sleep on the couch)
"Ok! I want another teddy bear," said Ben as he pointed to Levi's entourage of stuffed animals.
"I'll give you one, Ben," said Levi. "Here you go."
"Thanks, Levi" said Ben.
"Ben, I love you," said Levi as they were pretending to "sleep".
"I love you, Levi," replied Ben.
And then as they came over to the table where I had put their plates next to each other, this is what I heard...
"Oh, look Ben," said Levi. "We get to sit next to each other!"
They ate a great dinner and there were no arguments. I tried to enjoy it, although I was also trying to figure out what was going on and what had happened to my children. It was a nice surprise for me, though, as I always dread an evening when Michael is out of town.
I had to record this so that I can remember how sweet they can be.
Their obedience didn't last too long because soon after dinner Levi helped Ben take off his diaper and Ben then proceeded to run around the house screaming, "naked boy, naked boy!" He then peed all over his rug.
I choose to focus on the earlier part of our evening. Wouldn't you?!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Something in the water?
Posted by Sarah at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sarah you had me laughing so hard! How I miss you all! XO
Post a Comment