My Aunt Barbi (known as Barbara to everyone else) visited us from Santa Fe for a few days this past week. We all had so much fun! Aunt Barbi is no ordinary Aunt. She has loved me dearly my entire life and now she loves my kiddos just the same. Of course, Levi and Ben fell in love with her. Although Levi hadn't spent significant time with her in about a year, he remembered her quite well, and Ben ran right to her for a hug. She played hard with the boys for 3 days - chasing them around the house, playing trains and cars, reading books, playing in Levi's clubhouse, and just about anything else they asked her to do.
Probably the reason that the boys fell in love with their Aunt Barbi is that she is truly a kid at heart. She wore them out, and I think she was quite exhausted as well! My boys, along with their 7 cousins, are blessed to have her as a Great Aunt. I know that my sisters, brother and I have been blessed to have her in our lives.
My Aunt Barbi has never hidden her love for us. She tells us often how much she loves us and dotes on all of us. She goes a little too far sometimes. Did you know that I am a mix between Angelina Jolie and Jessica Alba? We had a good laugh at that one, but Michael got in trouble for laughing a little too hard. I think her reality can be a bit distorted at times! And according to Aunt Barbi, my children are also very advanced and next to perfect. She probably wouldn't say that now after spending 3 days with them!
Aunt Barbi moved on to my sister's house for a few days where I'm sure she encountered the other "most wonderful children in the world". We are so grateful for the time we had with her. Thank you for loving us, Aunt Barbi. We love you and miss you already!
Monday, February 18, 2008
There's no one quite like Aunt Barbi
Posted by Sarah at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment